On 2019-04-27, Toastmasters District 61 District Council adopted a standard for expressing date and time, based on the International Standards Organization (ISO) 8601 Date and Time formats.
The format for time:
- 24-hour clock
|One minute after midnight
Nine in the morning
Nine in the evening
How to apply the standard
- Start > Settings > Time & Language > Date, time & regional formatting > Change data formats
- Short date: YYYY-MM-DD
- Short time: HH:MM
Long date and Long time cannot be changed from the user interface.
- Apple menu > System Preferences > Language & Region
- Click the Region pop-up menu, then choose a geographic region to use that region’s date, time, number, and currency formats.
- To customize the formats, click Advanced > Set options.
- In the General pane, set formats for numbers, currency, and measurements.
- In the Dates and Times panes, do any of the following:
- Type in the Short, Medium, Long, and Full fields.
- Rearrange or delete elements.
- Drag other elements, such as Era or Second, into the fields.
- Click the pop-up menus , then choose another way to display the element type. (For example, you can display the month as a number, with or without the leading zero, or as a word, either abbreviated or spelled out.)
- In the Times pane, replace AM and PM with whatever you type in those fields (unless you’re using a 24-hour clock).