The District Council is the governing body of the District and conducts all the business of the District. District Council members discuss and vote on District business.
The District Council is required to hold at least two meetings each year. The first must be held after the International Convention and no later than September 30. The second must be held between March 15 and June 1.
For the next District 61 Council meeting Register
Toastmasters who are not voting members of the District Council, or their proxies, may attend District Council meetings but they cannot participate in council deliberations.
Voting members of the District Council:
- District Executive Committee
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Public Relations Manager
- Administration Manager
- Finance Manager
- Division Directors
- Area Directors
- Immediate Past District Director.
- Club President and Vice President Education for each "Active" club in the District.
- gain essential information for planning your club's season
- be aware of district training and support opportunities
- participate in decisions and be able to explain them to your members:
- Adopt the district budget
- Confirm District Officers Appointments
- Contest types and number of contestants for this season
- Other initiatives
- address one or more subjects important to you
Together, we are stronger!