District Leader Nominations
Every year, District 61 looks for a new set of servant leaders. We need new ideas, new visions, new inspirations. We need you.
Next District Election
Elections for District Officers for the year 2023-2024 will be held
2023-04-15 during the District Council Meeting at the 2023 District Conference.
Decide How to Serve
The first step to decide how to serve your fellow Toastmasters is to read:
- District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities describes each district officer role.
- District Leader Competencies describes the expected skills, knowledge, and characteristics of district officers.
Another great resource is current and past district officers. They can tell you all about the office you’re interested in and you might even find in them a mentor. If you don’t know a current district officer, contact your District Director and they will connect you.
To nominate any active Toastmaster in good standing in our district, complete the following:
E-mail the completed District Leader nominating Form to the chair of the District Leadership Committee (DLC) at Leadership@TMD61.com.
If someone nominates you, the DLC will contact you soon and ask you to complete the rest of the nomination package.
To nominate yourself, complete the nomination package:
- District Leader Nominating Form
- District Leader Biographical Information Form
- Candidate Application
- District Leader Agreement and Release Statement.
E-mail the completed nomination package to the DLC at Leadership@TMD61.com.
Deadline to submit nominations:
- Date: 2023-01-31
- Time: 24:00
For Area Director, Administration Manager, Finance Manager, and Logistics Manager roles, send a completed District Leader Nominating Form to the current District Director. The District Leadership Committee will not interview these candidates.
Questions and More Information
- For all nomination questions, email Leadership@TMD61.com
- Toastmasters Protocol 9.0: District Campaigns and Elections
- District Elections Toolkit
- District Campaigns and Elections FAQ page