Club Officer Training / TLI
Every successful Toastmasters Club has an elected executive of seven officers:
- Vice President Education
- Vice President Membership
- Vice President Public Relations
- Sergeant at Arms
Holding any of these executive positions is a step toward your development and growth as a leader. To develop these leaders, District 61 proudly offers Club Officer training by what is commonly referred to as the Toastmaster Leadership Institute (TLI).
TLIs ensure Club Officers are trained with the processes, procedures, information, and lessons learned from experienced executive members. This enables more organized clubs, with satisfied members, hosting exciting club meetings, and achieving the desired Distinguished Club award.
Club Officers receive two trainings annually: one at the beginning of the Toastmasters year, and the second at mid-year.
Training Period #1:
Purpose: Immerse the club officer into the leadership role.
- Provide Club Officers an overview of requirements and expectations to successful fulfil the executive role.
- Guide Club Officers to helpful resources and assistance.
Training Period #2:
Purpose: Develop the club officer’s leadership skills.
- Discuss questions, issues, and concerns Club Officers encountered in the first six months of service.
- Share best practices with fellow Club Officers.