Club Officer Training / TLI
Every successful Toastmasters Club has an elected executive of seven officers:
- Vice President Education
- Vice President Membership
- Vice President Public Relations
- Sergeant at Arms
Holding any of these executive positions is a step toward your development and growth as a leader. To develop these leaders, District 61 proudly offers Club Officer training by what is commonly referred to as the Toastmaster Leadership Institute (TLI).
TLIs ensure Club Officers are trained with the processes, procedures, information, and lessons learned from experienced executive members. This enables more organized clubs, with satisfied members, hosting exciting club meetings, and achieving the desired Distinguished Club award.
Club Officers receive two trainings annually: one at the beginning of the Toastmasters year, and the second at mid-year.
Training Period #1:
Purpose: Immerse the club officer into the leadership role.
- Provide Club Officers an overview of requirements and expectations to successful fulfil the executive role.
- Guide Club Officers to helpful resources and assistance.
Training Period #2:
Purpose: Develop the club officer’s leadership skills.
- Discuss questions, issues, and concerns Club Officers encountered in the first six months of service.
- Share best practices with fellow Club Officers.
Upcoming TLI and Club Officer Training Events
Ottawa Toastmasters Open House (in-person event)Sandy Hill Community Centre 250 Somerset Street East, Ottawa, Ontario
Want to... Improve your communication skills Boost your self-confidence Sharpen your ability to think on your feet Gain leadership skills Socialize in-person with other adults? We have all of this... SPRING INTO ACTION by joining Ottawa Toastmasters for an Open House to learn more about it!